6.30.2010

Patterns and Knives




These are the results of my attempt to combine the inorganic patterns with the desert plants. I'm actually starting to get excited about them. It feels strange to be working on something so less involved than my last series, but I think it will be a nice change. The cutting is almost therapeutic, which means that I might even be able to continue working once I start classes again. Today I need to go buy a new ruler (I warped my favorite one by leaving it in the back seat of the car for too long), and start working on more detailed, colored images of the succulents.

To do:
Visit XPEDEX and buy recycled stock for cards
Buy up a new ruler and possibly pastel paper
Work on succulents

1 comment:

  1. Sarah- these are great. I love the middle one- its simplicity with the leaf shapes and linework work to make something really beautiful. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete